- General Membership Meeting on March 2nd from 7-9 p.m. – Guest Speaker Diane Szebda, Director of Bereavement for Karen Ann Quinlan and Joseph T. Quinlan Bereavement Center, will discuss the grief and loss family members and friends experience when a loved one has serious and persistent mental illness. Click on link to view flyer.
- Doreen Rasp’s Presentation on Lyme Disease – Click on link for Powerpoint presentation
- Free documentary screening – Code 9 Officer Needs Assistance – All police officers, first responders, their families, and the general public are invited. The film spotlights the prevalence of PTSD among police and other first responders and points the way toward hope and recovery. Saturday, March 4, 2017, 7:00-9:00 p.m. St. Kateri R. C. Church, Community Room (downstairs), 427 Stanhope Road, Sparta NJ. Please note: for young teens, Parental Guidance is suggested. Following the film, a Q &A session will be held with retired Jersey City Police Captain Robert Cubby (who appears in the film) and others. Event info: Marjorie – 973-943-2155. Click on link to flyer with details.
- NAMI NJ Walk – Saturday May 13, 2017 – Please join our team and/or donate. Any amount is greatly appreciated and helps us to continue to offer free courses and support groups.
- Monthly meeting and announcements Mar. 2017
- Family-to-Family: A free course for those who have an adult loved one with mental illness – Spring classes offered Tuesday Feb. 21 – May 9, 2017, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. Click on link to view flyer for details. Also offered in fall.
- Basics Course: A Free Course for Parents and other Family Caregivers of Children (2-18) with Emotional or Behavioral Challenges – Spring classes offered Saturday March 4 – April 8, 2017, 9:30 a.m. – 12 noon. Click on link to view flyer for details. Also offered in fall.